8 Ways to Increase Your Dog Daycare's Online Reputation
Last Updated: May 3, 2023 • Visit Blog Homepage
Here are 8 ways to build a positive online reputation for your dog daycare:
1. Respond to Reviews and FeedbackEncourage customers to leave reviews and feedback on your business’s social media pages, Google My Business listing, and other review websites. Respond promptly to both positive and negative feedback to show that you are engaged and committed to providing the best service possible. Responding to negative reviews is almost always more important than replying 'Thanks!' to good reviews. If I see a bad review of a restaurant and then read the owner's reply and see that they really tried to make the experience better, I can be certain that the owner cares about their business.
2. Be Active on Social MediaSocial media is a powerful tool for building a positive online reputation. Choose platforms that are relevant to your target audience and post content that showcases your business, such as photos and videos of happy dogs, updates about your services, and special promotions. Social media companies decide who sees what and when based on their various algorithms. For Facebook, the more you post and interact on your page, the more your content will start to show up on your clients' feeds. Make it a point to set up a content schedule and try to post at least a few times a week. This will keep your content on the news feeds of your clients and ideally you'll generate some more business because of it.
3. Utilize Customer TestimonialsShare testimonials from satisfied customers on your website, social media pages, and in other marketing materials. This can help to build trust and credibility with potential customers. DoggieDashboard's reviews page get a lot of views, since people want to learn about our dog daycare software before they sign up. Reviews are really the only way that people have to decide about your business if they don't have friends that are currently your clients, so make sure your reviews are getting seen by as many people as possible.
4. Provide Exceptional Customer ServiceThe best way to build a positive online reputation is by providing excellent customer service. Ensure that all of your staff are trained to be friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive to customer needs. Great customer service can be the make or break moment for a customer's experience at your business. Maybe they were unhappy with a certain aspect of their pet's stay at your business, but if your staff dealt with the issue in a professional manner, there's a good chance that your upset client will still keep coming back in the future.
5. Offer a Loyalty ProgramA loyalty program can be a great way to build a positive online reputation. Offer incentives to customers who refer their friends, leave positive reviews, or make repeat visits. This can help to build a community of loyal customers who are more likely to recommend your business to others. To build simple likes on your Facebook page, you could offer something like a free dog treat for each new like that your business gets. People will like your page and then stop by on their way home from work to pick up their dog treat. Make sure to attach some marketing materials to the treat and you might get some new clients out of a very simple idea.
6. Collaborate with Local Pet-Related BusinessesNetwork with other pet-related businesses in your area to build a positive online reputation. This can include partnering with local pet stores, groomers, and veterinarians. You can also participate in pet-related events and sponsor local pet charities. If your business is doing well, financially, you can even think about making a donation to the local animal shelter for each boarding or daycare visit. This incentivizes people to bring their pets to your business because they know that you're sharing part of their payment with the local animal shelter.
7. Invest in Professional Photos and VideosInvest in professional photos and videos of your facility and staff, as well as of happy dogs playing and enjoying their time at your daycare. Share these photos and videos on your website and social media pages to show the quality of your services and the happiness of the dogs you care for. People LOVE sharing and commenting on pictures on Facebook, so make it a point to post at least a few group pet pictures per day on your Facebook page. The pet owners will see their pet, like the picture and most likely leave a comment. This will encourage the Facebook algorithm to continue showing your content on more news feeds.
8. Continuously Monitor Your Online ReputationRegularly monitor your online reputation to ensure that it remains positive. This includes monitoring your social media pages, review websites, and any mentions of your business in the media. Respond promptly to any negative feedback or reviews to address any concerns and maintain a positive online reputation. Everyone knows that businesses aren't perfect, but if you make it a point to reply to your bad reviews, it shows that you care about customer experience. You could also look into working with a social media agency that will help manage your social media profiles so that you can spend more time on your business, but that's up to you.
By implementing these 8 strategies, you can build a positive online reputation for your dog daycare and attract more customers. A strong online reputation can help to build trust and credibility with potential customers, increase your visibility, and ultimately drive more business to your door.
72 Page Views since May 15, 2023
🐶 Looking for software to help you run your pet business? Check out DoggieDashboard. It's 100% free for the first 10 pets you save in your database. 😺
Need tips for running your business? Check out the popular posts below or click here to visit the blog homepage.
The 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Dog Daycare & Kennel Boarding Business
Overnight Boarding Kennel Profit Forecasting Spreadsheet
6 Advertising Strategies to Get More Doggie Daycare Customers