Building a Community of Repeat Customers at Your Dog Daycare
Last Updated: July 11, 2023 • Visit Blog Homepage
Having a community of repeat customers is not only good for business, it can also create a welcoming and friendly environment for dogs and their owners. Here are a few tips on how to build a community of repeat customers at your dog daycare.
1. Provide Exceptional Customer ServiceCustomer service is crucial in any business, but it’s especially important in the dog daycare industry. Pet owners are entrusting their furry friends to you, so it’s important to go above and beyond to provide them with peace of mind and a positive experience. This can be as simple as answering their questions, responding to feedback, and being friendly and approachable. Customer service is one of the most important factors for a lot of potential clients. If your business is known for promptly replying to phone calls and emails, it will show your potential clients that you care about their business.
2. Offer Loyalty Programs and RewardsLoyalty programs and rewards can be a great way to incentivize repeat business and encourage customers to bring their dogs back to your daycare. Offer special discounts or bonuses for regular customers, or even a free day of daycare for every 10 visits. There are numerous ways you can build a loyalty program. You'll want to sit down with your team and figure out which way makes the most sense for your business. Either way, it's a great idea to get something in place so that you can start rewarding your most clients.
3. Foster a Welcoming EnvironmentCreating a welcoming environment for both dogs and their owners is key to building a community of repeat customers. Encourage socialization and play among the dogs, and create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for owners to wait in. If you're able to create human friendships between your clients, this can be a great way to build long term customers. Maybe Kelly and Jill always pick up their dogs at the same time. If they happen to form a friendship, there's a good chance that they'll continue to use your business since it gives them an easy way to stay in touch with one another.
4. Get Involved in the CommunityGet involved in your local community by sponsoring events, participating in charity events, or even hosting events at your dog daycare. This will not only help you build relationships with local pet owners, but it will also increase brand awareness and give you the opportunity to showcase your dog daycare to a wider audience. If your city allows it, set up a weekly pet happy hour where people can bring their dogs to your business to run around and you can offer some beverages. Set out some lawn chairs and some bean bags and let the human parents hang out while their dogs run free.
5. Utilize Technology to Manage and Promote Your Dog DaycareOne way to make managing your dog daycare and promoting it to potential customers easier is by utilizing technology such as DoggieDashboard. This business management and marketing software can help streamline operations, track customer data, and even automate marketing efforts to help you reach a wider audience. Using the appointment follow-up feature, you can easily get feedback from your clients to better your business, while also showing them that you appreciate their business.
74 Page Views since August 29, 2023
🐶 Looking for software to help you run your pet business? Check out DoggieDashboard. It's 100% free for the first 10 pets you save in your database. 😺
Need tips for running your business? Check out the popular posts below or click here to visit the blog homepage.
The 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Dog Daycare & Kennel Boarding Business
Overnight Boarding Kennel Profit Forecasting Spreadsheet
6 Advertising Strategies to Get More Doggie Daycare Customers