Six Ways Doggie Daycares can Grow Word of Mouth Marketing
Last Updated: February 10, 2023 • Visit Blog Homepage
However, word-of-mouth marketing can be a bit challenging to control and can sometimes be slow to spread. It's a long-term investment that might not see immediate returns, but once the returns start coming in, they'll last for as long as you're in business, and that's a good thing.
In this article, we'll explore six proven strategies that you can use to increase word-of-mouth marketing for your dog daycare and kennel business. Come back in the future for another five word of mouth marketing strategies that you can utilize at your business.
1. Offer Exceptional Customer ServiceOne of the best ways to encourage word-of-mouth marketing is to offer exceptional customer service. This means going above and beyond to make sure that every customer feels valued and appreciated. This can include things like providing a clean and safe environment for dogs, offering helpful and knowledgeable staff, and being available to answer questions and provide support. If your clients feel like their pets are being well-taken care of, they're going to be happy. If they're happy, they're going to tell their friends. It's simple math! :-)
2. Encourage Online ReviewsOnline reviews are another powerful form of word-of-mouth marketing. Encourage your customers to leave positive reviews about your business on popular websites like Yelp, Google, and Facebook. Make sure to respond to all reviews, positive and negative, to show that you care about your customers' experiences. Even the negative reviews will play a role in how people view your business. Perhaps one of your negative reviews was unjustified. If you reply to the review and give your side of the story, it's going to help you overcome their negative review.
3. Host Community EventsHosting community events is another way to spread the word about your business and increase word-of-mouth marketing. There are hundreds of possible event ideas out there. They can include things like hosting a dog-friendly picnic, offering training classes, or participating in local events like parades. These events provide a great opportunity to interact with your customers and their dogs, and to build relationships with people in your community. I clearly remember the local pet rescue being part of our city's annual summer parade. They had volunteers walk the dogs during the parade and it was a GREAT way for the community to see and remember that this business exists in their community and deserves their support.
4. Utilize Referral ProgramsReferral programs are a great way to incentivize your customers to spread the word about your business. Offer a discount or special promotion to customers who refer friends to your business. This not only encourages word-of-mouth marketing, but it also helps to build a strong community of loyal customers. As I said in a previous blog post, if you have a whole bunch of happy customers, they're going to be the best referrers you could ask for. My parents have referred numerous other dog owners to their dog daycare and I'm sure my sister has referred people to her dog daycare as well. If your clients and their pets are happy with your business, they'll refer friends and that will put more money in the bank.
5. Provide Unforgettable ExperiencesOne of the best ways to encourage word-of-mouth marketing is to provide unforgettable experiences for your customers. This means creating an environment that is welcoming, fun, and safe for dogs and their owners. This can include things like offering play areas for dogs, providing a variety of toys and games, and hosting special events like holiday parties. When your customers have a great time at your business, they are much more likely to tell others about their experience and recommend your business to others. It might also be a good idea to make some investments in your business to encourage these unforgettable experiences. Maybe investing in a puppy pool where the dogs can splash around. Maybe investing in a dog bath station where you give the dogs a quick rinse before they return home. Pet owners like clean dogs in the house, so having Fido return freshly washed is always nice. Small investments can pay large dividends.
6. Build Meaningful Relationships with Your ClientsLastly, one of the best things you can do in order to increase word of mouth marketing is to create truly meaningful relationships with your clients. Get to know them on a personal level. Where do they work? What do they do? Do they have kids, spouses, etc? Do you spend time chatting with your clients when they pick up their pets? If you're not chatting up your customers when they're in your business, you're missing out on a perfect chance to build those relationships. And those relationships are the ones that will provide that free word of mouth marketing you're looking for.
Word-of-mouth marketing is an incredibly powerful form of marketing that can have a huge impact on your dog daycare and kennel business. By following these five strategies, you can increase word-of-mouth marketing and attract new customers to your business. Whether you're just starting out or have been in business for years, these strategies are sure to help you grow your business and reach new heights of success.
83 Page Views since February 10, 2023
🐶 Looking for software to help you run your pet business? Check out DoggieDashboard. It's 100% free for the first 10 pets you save in your database. 😺
Need tips for running your business? Check out the popular posts below or click here to visit the blog homepage.
The 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Dog Daycare & Kennel Boarding Business
Overnight Boarding Kennel Profit Forecasting Spreadsheet
6 Advertising Strategies to Get More Doggie Daycare Customers